Chinese Plum Sauce or Chutney – Have you tried it before??
Plum season is here and all the supermarkets have this lovely fruit on the shelf. Other day I just got carried away and bought a lot of plums. Later gave a thought to make something with these plums as many of them were still very sour.
Last time I have tried my hands preparing the regular plum chutney but this time wanted to try something different. Just searched and found few recipes. This time it is Plum sauce Chinese style.
Chinese Plum Sauce
Onion- 1 small chopped
Garlic- 3 clove or 1 tbsp
Ginger- 1 tbsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp or according to taste
Salt- according to taste
Red chilli powder
Olive oil- 2 tbsp
1. Roughly cut the plum and discard the seed.
2. In a pan take olive oil to add ginger, garlic saute for a minute and add onion (didn’t click this photo)
3. Add plum and let it cook for 5-7 or until when it is soft and mushy. Add sugar to it and stir wait till it dissolves.
4. Let it cool and mash it in a blender.
5. I prefer this sauce to be thicker. Do check this sauce after blending if it is runny cook it for another 5-10 minutes to get a thicker consistency.
Enjoy this sweet and sour sauce with your snacks.
Strawberry Plum Sauce