Steam Milo cupcake
Yeast- 1/2 tbsp
Warm water- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Boiled sweet potato – 1/2 cup
Cake flour/All purpose flour- 250g
OIl- 4 tbsp
A pinch of salt
– Combine Yeast, warm water and sugar in a bowl. Stir it well and set aside for 15-20 minutes, the yeast will become foamy.
– Take sweet potato and mashed it or puree it. Add it to flour, add oil and salt.
– Knead it well or you can do it using a processor. I have kneaded it for around 10 minutes.
– Keep it aside for 1 hour to rise, cover the dough with a wet clean kitchen towel.
– Once it has risen you will see the dough is very soft and fluffy.
– You can make the desired shapes, here i made the small round mantou( little lazy here ).
– In a steamer when water start boiling put the buns in various batches of 5-6.
– When you put them for steaming leave some gap in between as it will rise on high flame for 10-12 minutes.
– Please adjust the sugar accordingly as here it taste perfect and not very sweet.