Every year we make sure to visit India and spend time with Grandparents. The way our kids are growing so does the Grandparents and this is the beautiful phase of kid’s life when they build a great relationship with Grandparents which they will cherish forever.
When you are not living in the same city or same country, meeting grandparents is mostly just once or twice a year but technology these days bridges the gap. Though you will miss that warm snuggles and kisses but at least can be involved in the day to day life.
Stay connected with Grandparents
- Letters /Hand notes: This is my number one point to stay connected with Grandparents and definitely make them feel special is to write, draw and share your feelings on a card or a letter. Trust me anything with little kid’s handwriting is so precious to treasure forever. Kids recently made this for their Grandma and both were so emotional receiving it.
2. Connect through Technology: You can set timing every day when you or your kids are not busy with the daily routine or rush. Kids can share about their day with their Grandparents and tell them about how it was at the school or with friends. Technology has made it easier to connect with your loved so pick up your phone, tablets and share about it.
3. Develop a hobby together: I remember as a kid my grandma used to help us learn knitting and it used to feel like an achievement but when you are not living together develop a hobby which both Grandparents and Grandkids can share while enjoying it. Aayan & Kaira have started with growing their little plants and Grandma will share her side. Both of them have so much to share about it from plants height, watering, caring and sunlight.
4. Capture your best moments: As a kid or grown up, we always want to share our best moments with family first and living in this era when we all live in different parts of the world. Our best way is to capture that beautiful moment and share it with family though that photo can’t express the moment but you can relive it again when you talk about it with your Grandparents.
5. Plan a vacation together: Every year try to visit a new place with Grandparents it could be anywhere either holiday overseas or a staycation as kids will learn to enjoy and remember the time they have spent with Grandparents. It will be a great bonding time for the entire family to be away from the hustle bustle of our busy lives and spend time together.
Got a story to share with us about stay connected with Grandparents? Hop on this Blog Train with us where some wonderful mom bloggers will share their views on “Stay Connected with Grandparents” and relive your childhood again!!
Next on this blog train is Deepali, who blogs at @myteenytot
She is a mom to two wonderful teeny tots! Before she has embarked on her Motherhood journey she was working as a Chemistry Teacher. She is currently enjoying her sabbatical from work and discovered her passion to write. She blogs about her experiences and learnings as a young mother.