Seviyan or vermicelli kheer is one of the popular traditional desserts and often prepared during the festivals or celebrations. Kheer is quite an easy recipe which can be prepared with variations you can use either seviyan or rice, with milk or condensed milk or simply cook in sugar and water.
Traditionally, it is a sweet pudding cooked with milk, sugar, cardamom and dry fruits. It is healthy too as I have used the whole wheat vermicelli.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe:
- Vermicelli- 1 cup
- Milk- 500 ml
- Sugar- 1/2 cup or can adjust according to your taste
- Ghee or clarified butter – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom- 3 grounded
- Crushed or chopped Almonds- handful
- Raisins, cashew for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan, take ghee and slightly roast almonds in it.
2. In the same pan add seviyan and roast them until golden brown and crispy. This is done so that rawness is not there in the seviyan.
3. Add milk to it and let it comes to a boil. Also, add sugar to it along with milk.
4. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and by that time seviyan will be cooked and milk will thicken.
5. Garnish it with almond and cardamom. You can serve it either warm or cold.
** It will thicken a bit if you keep it inside the refrigerator, simply add some milk to it.