Dream Cruises, the first-ever Asian luxury cruise line, celebrated the arrival of its inaugural ship, Genting Dream Cruise to the Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore (MBCCS) on 4 November 2016, in the presence of more than 900 guests including government dignitaries, business and trade partners and media.
Notable attendees included Guest of Honour Mr S Iswaran, Minister for Trade and Industry (Industry); Mr Lionel Yeo, Chief Executive, Singapore Tourism Board; Captain Charles Alexandar De Souza, Deputy Port Master, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore; and Mr Nam Liang Chia, Domain Commander (SEA), Integrated Checkpoints Command, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.A brilliant performance by Dream Cruises’ thrilling signature production show inspired by the hull art of Genting Dream, conceived by pop-art artist Jacky Tsai, entitled “Voyage of a Lover’s Dream” – a tale of love, hope and the overcoming of seemingly impossible boundaries between a mermaid and an astronaut at the ship’s extravagant 999-seat Zodiac Theatre.
After this breathtaking performance, we got to explore the ship’s array of amazing facilities and amenities, including the Balcony Stateroom, Zouk Beach Club, Waterslide Park, Crystal Life Fitness and Spa, ”Bistro” by Mark Best, JOHNNIE WALKER HOUSE and Little Pandas Club.
With a culinary emphasis on Asia, ‘Genting Dream’ will offer discerning guests a highly diverse range of the finest dining, an unprecedented culinary experience where – from sunrise to sunset – indoors meets outdoors, delivering guests a unique at-sea dining concept.
- Showcasing an eclectic array of over 35 restaurant and bar concepts, guests can indulge in the very best of Chinese regional, Asian and international cuisine, with an emphasis on quality and authenticity.
- Exclusive cross-over branding bringing the best of Genting brands together for guests’ enjoyment (Bar 360, Blue Lagoon, Umi Uma, Lido, Silk Road, Palm Court, Crystal Life Cuisine)
- A 610-metre wraparound promenade allows for dramatic sea-side dining and lounging from sunrise-to-sunset in a multitude of themed venues
- Innovative truffle show kitchen at sea
Some of the facilities which we got to capture during the launch! As a mum, I was quite keen to look out for the facilities for young kids and families to enjoy together.
At the launch of Dream Cruises- Genting Dream Grand Debut!! Can't miss the fun stored for kids at Genting Dream! #dreamcruises #gentingdream #gentingdreamcruise #dreamjourneybegins #Mums_Babies #sgparentbloggers #sgmomblogger #sg #sgig #instagramers #instalive #instagood #marinabaycruisecentre #sporemombloggers #womsg #wom_sgpr #instadaily #igersgs #sgblogclub #sgbloggers #yoursingapore
Waterslide Park, featuring 6 waterslides of varying speeds, including 1 for kids
9-hole putting course for family fun!
Little Pandas club kids program with certified child care staff!
Games area to have a fun filled time and you wont get out of this fun zone.
Zouk beach with private decks, wading pool and LED entertainment wall! It was so bright that I can’t even open my eyes for a click.
Well! We didn’t get to explore and capture all the rooms but this Balcony stateroom with an extra reclining bed (not all rooms have it). What you can look forward to the facilities in the room.
SILK ROAD & CABARET
Silk Road is one of our alternative specialty restaurants to enhance then evening dining options. The ambiance is distinctly Chinese, and this comfortable and classic dining area offers fine dining Chinese cuisine. Plus original dishes created by our talented Asian Chefs. An exclusive wine list is available to diners and an extensive selection of Baiju.
Tributes is very versatile and vibrant, and has a unique feature in becoming either an indoor or outdoor venue. Guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, cocktails, wines, beers, or spirits of their choice. Guests could also enjoy snacks prepared by our talented chefs. Reservations are not required.
Highly immersive retail-tainment environments will delight guests with the widest array of leading luxury-brands and highly knowledgeable service in a wide category of products, including fashion, watches, jewellery and cosmetics. Highly personalised shopping experiences will include special trunk shows, personal shopper and in-cabin service.
At the launch of Dream Cruises- Genting Dream Grand Debut!! #dreamcruises #gentingdream #gentingdreamcruise #dreamjourneybegins #Mums_Babies #sgparentbloggers #sgmomblogger #sg #sgig #instagramers #instalive #instagood #marinabaycruisecentre #sporemombloggers #womsg #wom_sgpr #instapic #instaday #igers #Influencers #sgevent
With my fellow mom bloggers enjoying the facilities together!
Facilities at glance!
Two luxury submersibles – each carrying up to 4 passengers
· Largest Asian Spa at sea (1,360 sq.m) featuring 80 reflexology thrones offering food service
· Cinema at Sea – featuring 3 HD mega screen theatres, one of which is outdoors.
· Zodiac theatre with capacity of 999 seats featuring HD 3D cinematic capabilities with Dolby high fidelity surround sound as well as offering real-time, simultaneous translation services for up to 3 different languages to 400 guests
· 5 luxury private karaoke rooms accommodating 8-10 guests each, offering the most popular songs in various Asian languages, updated quarterly. Full food & beverage catering available
· Little Pandas club kids program with certified child care staff
· Waterslide Park, featuring 6 water slides of varying speeds, including 1 for kids
· 24-foot rock climbing wall
· 9-hole putting course for family fun
· Multi-function SportsPlex featuring full-size basketball court and multi-functional space
· Dedicated Mahjong room with full beverage and snack services
· Zouk high-energy night club (first at sea) – live DJ music with Glow Bowling and billiards
· Zouk beach with private decks, wading pool and LED entertainment wall
· Live fireworks display at Zouk Beach(subject to weather and availability)
· Genting Dream Asian and International Art collection self-guided tour
· Celebrity Chef culinary classes and demonstrations
· Endorsed professional educational guidance program for families in selecting top international school, college, university or academic programs. Guidance on how to develop an educational strategy that will prepare your children for the most competitive career paths
· Contemporary Asian Art and Photo Exhibitions
GENTING DREAM CRUISE & FLYCRUISE ITINERARIES
Departing from Hong Kong
Departures: 20 Nov 2016 – 26 Mar 2017
3 Days 2 Nights Hong Kong – Cruising Day – Hong Kong FlyCruise from SGD 638 Per Person
Return Air Ticket on Cathay Pacific Airways
7 Days 6 Nights Hong Kong – Guangzhou – Cruising Day – Da Nang – Hanoi (Ha Long Bay) – Cruising Day – Guangzhou – Hong Kong FlyCruise from SGD 1,289 Per Person
Return Air Ticket on Cathay Pacific Airways, 1 Night Post Stay at Hotel Pravo or Similar Class
Departing from Guangzhou, China
Departures: 20 Nov 2016 – 26 Mar 2017
6 Days 5 Nights Guangzhou – Cruising Day – Da Nang – Hanoi (Ha Long Bay) – Cruising Day – Guangzhou FlyCruise from SGD 1,369 Per Person
Return Air Ticket on Singapore Airlines, Round Trip Transfer (Airport – Port – Airport)
Terms & Conditions
Fares shown are per person based on twin-share in an Inside Stateroom, exclude taxes per person.
Other terms and condition apply.