I still remember the time when mum used to do the grocery shopping and as a kid, we were just excited to see what is inside the bags and not much bothered about how much money was spent on it.
Now, as a mum myself and doing grocery shopping for my home; I need to keep a track of everything right from fruits, vegetables, laundry etc.
We all know if you are heading to a supermarket with your little one, you tend to end up buying unnecessary junk stuff as well and not to forget the tantrums in every aisle of the supermarket.
Over the years, I have realised that few tips or tricks can actually help you to save money on your grocery shopping and definitely less wastage at home even when you are going with your kids.
5 tips to save money on Grocery
- Shop after your meal : There is a scientific reason behind it, you will find that it definitely helps you and your kids. We actually tried this with our kids, when we are hungry and head towards supermarket we tend to put all sort of junks, candies, cake into our basket but on the other hand when we were full we didn’t feel like going to those sections or aisle.
- Grocery list : This is the most important thing to save on unnecessary shopping. Always check your refrigerator and pantry before heading to the supermarkets. List down everything you need for a week and buy just those stuff which you actually need for your home rather than picking up everything on the shelf thinking we may use or cook later.
- Check out home brands: Have you ever tried switching or trying home brands available in the supermarket. Most of the supermart and hypermarts have their own home brands and their quality is equally good at the discounted price. There is no harm trying out on those and savings some money.
- Clearance section: Do check the clearance section as you can fetch a good deal for perishable and non-perishable at the very reasonable price. Most of the supermarkets/ bakery shops have the clearance sections or deals after 9pm.
- Do a little maths before buying : When you buy those bulk or large packs do a little maths as it is not always a good deal. Also, go for stuff according to your family needs rather than to the discounts offered as you will only hoard the stuff and if you will not use the product, you are actually wasting more money than saving it.
Read about more tips here-
If you have more tips to share with us, do write them in the comments below.