Cooking for your family is the best way to eat healthy, nutritious and a fresh meal as you know what exactly goes into every dish. Recently got a new WMF Perfect Pro Junior set pressure cooker (4.5L + 3L pressure pan) and did I say, “I am loving it”. WMF is manufacturing pressure cookers since 1927 and new in line is Perfect Pro®, a range of Red Dot Award winning pressure cookers that shortens the cooking time by up to 70% and saves up to 50% of energy while retaining the nutrients and individual flavour of the food.
Nowadays, all of us have a hectic schedule be it office, kid’s school, classes and so on; mums find it difficult and tiring to cook a meal at home. I have seen my mom using a pressure cooker for cooking meals at home and I am following that for years now. Over the years, there are a lot of changes in the design, size and style of a pressure cooker. These days market is flooded with different kind of pressure cookers- Stainless steel, aluminium, and Anodized which were not there earlier.
WMF pressure cookers are perfect for those who have little time to cook, yet still want healthy, flavorful food. Foods that are pressure cooked offer more nutritional value than those cooked for longer periods using traditional cookware. Foods cooked in a pressure cooker are ready faster, using less liquid. The fact that foods are done in a shorter cooking time means they are less likely to lose their color and flavor, as well as vitamins and nutrients that are evaporated or diluted when cooking for longer periods of time.
Advantages of cooking in a pressure cooker
- Faster – cooking times are up to 70% shorter compared to conventional cooking
- Energy saving – Through the shorter cooking times energy is saved up to 50%
- More aromatic – When cooked in their own juices, ingredients keep their individual flavour.
- Gentler – Shorter cooking times and the hermetically sealed cooking method retain more valuable nutrients.
Advantages of WMF pressure cookers
- Simple operation – Putting on the lid easily, large and good visible cooking indicator with two cooking levels
- Safe technology – All pressure cookers are completely safe and are UL certified, 5 safety features more than required
- Easy cleaning – removable handle (entire technique is integrated in the handle), Pot and lid are durable and easy to clean due to the 18/10 stainless steel
I use a pressure cooker for making everything from stock, curry, gravy base and many more recipes you can cook using it. I have cooked chicken/vegetable stock to use as a base for pasta for kids or can cook rice or porridge as the stock is rich in nutrients. Since it is cooked in a pressure cooker so not worried about losing nutrients.
Chicken or vegetable stock – under 15 minutes
I am using WMF cooker for the first time and some of the features which are really great for everyday cooking –
1. Bayonet lock and fitting aid guarantee secure locking. This is an essential feature as many people have asked me, “How safe is the pressure cooker?” As they are always worried about lid not properly locked and the cooker will burst.
Even I had this question when I used the pressure cooker for the first time but it was along with my mum in the kitchen while learning from her.
2. All-in-one twist knob is so convenient to lock and set your choice out of two cooking settings. The Perfect Pro’s hallmark is its striking black handle. With the well-developed technology, it can be operated with just a few clicks. The all-in-one control knob is used to regulate all the functions.
up to 110° C with the first orange-coloured ring for delicate vegetables, fish, poultry
up to 119° C with the second orange-coloured ring for robust food and meat
3. The cooking indicator is the best feature with orange coloured rings for the pressure setting. When pressure will build in, it will go up. As soon as the required ring is reached, the energy input on the hob is turned down and the cooking time starts. When the cooking time is over, the pressure cooker can only be opened once there is no more pressure. Several safety stages ensure this, including the residual pressure safety indicator.
4. If you are already using a pressure cooker then you can compare and find the difference in the noise level. At first, when I have used WMF cooker, I was a bit worried as no whistle sound was there as it used to be in the usual pressure cooker. So, I opened the pressure cooker a couple of times to check whether food is cooked or not. I love this feature as unlike the usual cooker the noise level is pretty slow but it can go and good for cooking at unusual early hours.
5. Dishwasher safe with removable handle: Pressure cooker is dishwasher safe and that is another thing which I look these days before buying. Everything in the home should be dishwasher safe, please!! I was advised by the staff to remove the handle before putting everything else into dishwasher (handle and inserts are not dishwasher safe)
Bengal Gram/ Kale Chane- cooking under 20 minutes
( Pre-soaked overnight)- on setting 2
Onion Tomato Gravy baseFeatures at a glance
- Made in Germany
- 18/10 stainless steel construction for superior heat retention and durability.
- TransTherm® base for even heat distribution and energy-efficient cooking.
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction.
- All-in-one twist knob with bayonet lock efficiently controls opening, closing, and programming the two pressure settings and the automatic steam release.
- Cooking indicator features colored rings to indicate the pressure cooking level. The lid can only be opened when the cooking indicator is completely down.
- Removable handle for easy cleaning. To clean the handle, just remove it and hold it under running water. Pot and lid are dishwasher safe.
- Pot can also be used without lid for searing/browning.
- Reduces cooking time up to 70%, which allows valuable vitamins and nutrients to be retained. Energy saving up to 50% due to the shorter cooking times.
- All pressure cookers are accompanied by operating instructions and a separate cooking time-table.
It is so handy and convenient for cooking all your meals, stock, stew in a jiffy and yet retaining all the nutrients in your meal.
Mother’s day Giveaway!
This Mother’s day we are giving away 2 sets of WMF Perfect Pro Junior set pressure cooker (4.5L + 3L pressure pan) to our lucky mom’s.