Sweet Potatoes are very rich in vitamins, minerals, iron, antioxidants, beta carotene and have natural sugar in it. All my while I have eaten it as a roasted sweet potato snacks or make halwa from it during winters season in Delhi. This time I have tried Baked Sweet Potato Sticks.
As my little one has started weaning and exploring the new variety of food. Thought of preparing something which i easy to grab and handy for her to hold on. Thanks to the variety of gadgets available these days where we can explore different ways of cooking.
– Soak Sweet potato in a water filled pan and little salt for sometime( it removes the extra starch as we do for normal potato).
– Drain them and let it dry a bit.
– I have not added anything to sweet potato sticks as i was basically preparing for kids but we can add spices or herbs for extra flavours.
– Take olive oil and drizzle it on sweet potato mixing them nicely.
– In a preheated oven on 200 c for 20 minutes just turn them after 10 minutes otherwise they will start to burn.
Your baked sweet potato sticks are ready. A healthy snacks for kids and family to munch on.