I have been longing to bake this cake but every time keep on postponing it but this week decided to do it atlast. Cheesecake is one of the finest, soft , fluffy and lightest cake( though not without a guilty as cheese is there).
It was my first try with a cheesecake and it turned out really well though still need more perfection( atleast need a good knife to cut it nicely). There are lot of cheesecake recipes on the internet, here is the recipe what I have used to bake this cake.
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
All purpose flour- 60g
Fine SUgar- 140g
Cream of tartar- 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice-1 tbsp
1. In a double boiler melt cream cheese and milk when it is almost melted add butter to it. Mix them gently.
2. Cool this mixture and later add sieved flour, cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix all of them well,
3. Now whisk the egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar to it and whisk until you can see the peaks.
4.I have used a hand blender to whisk it but you can use electric blender as well.
5. Combine both the mixture well.
6. You mixture will look something like this very fluffy. Pour this mixture into cake pan slightly grease the sides and put the parchment paper.
7. Bake the cake in a water bath( i have put the water in the tray so that cake won’t crack while baking) and bake on 160 C for 50 minutes to an hour.