In Indian homes lentils are cooked almost every other day, they are not only rich in the protein but full of nutrients. Easy to digest they make wonderful food for babies.
You can serve it with rice, parantha, bread, pancakes !
Semolina(Suji) pancake to go with it.
Lentil- 1/4 cup
Carrot, brinjal, potato, green beans- 1/2 cup
Water- 1/2 cup
Salt ( for babies you can skip it )
onion-2 tbsp chopped
Tomato-3 tbsp chopped
Ginger- 1/2 sp
Turmeric – a pinch
1. Wash lentils properly in order to remove all the dirt from it and soak for 15-20 minutes as it will take less time while cooking lentils.
2. In a pressure cooker take lentil , turmeric and salt.Add sufficient water while cooking
3. Different lentils take different time for cooking- like Green beans take longer time than red or yellow beans. After 1 -2 whistles open and check the lentil.
Please dont open the cooker if steam still inside ( for safety reasons) and steam inside will cook the food faster as well.
4. Here i took yellow lentil and have added add the vegetables . Pressure cook for 10 minutes ( 2 whistles). Open the cooker and check if all vegetables are cooked as well.
5. For babies you can take mashed lentil and vegetables.