We all have a lot of childhood memories and when it comes to food surely everyone has their favourite food cooked with love by mom. I have my list of the childhood favourite which I still love to eat only cooked by mom. Whenever I get the chance, I try my hands on the “Mom’s Speciality”.
I remember mom always use to prepare this
during the fasting time as it is quite healthy and full of dry fruits.
Coconut panjiri !!
Dry Coconut- 1( Grated)
Makhana(Fox nut)- 1 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup or less
Water -1 cup
1. Dry roast Almond, cashew nut and makhana (fox nut), let them cool for a while and later crush them . You can add the dry fruits without crushing also.
2. Boil water ,sugar and cardamom for 2-3 minutes and no need to make the syrup thick , just let it boil for some time.
3 . Dry roast coconut for 5 minutes on low flame and then add the dry fruits to it .
4. Now add the sugar syrup and mix it well with the dry mixture.
5. Cook for 5-7 minutes so that syrup is well absorbed by the dry ingredients. At this point, if you find it dry you can add 1-2 spoon of desi ghee ( Clarified butter). It is totally optional.
6. Cool the mixture and store it at room temperature.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)